Thursday, September 25, 2008

September 25, 2008 - Invoking An Emergency to Pass Through...

At 10:15am today, while in my studio, I heard my housemate Nina yell out at me... "Marcela, there's a police officer with a dog coming up our driveway". I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He walked right up our driveway, opened the back gate, and walked into our backyard, no questions asked, looking around. I ran back for my camera. I got him as he walked across our front lawn, en route to the next house. I made my presence known, clicking away with my camera.

He didn't seem to go down any more driveways, after I ran out to document. He just kept walking. I turned around and 10 cop cars and two motorcycle cops lined the nearest intersection. You'd think someone robbed the nearest bank, but no, there was trouble at a store down the road. Nothing like an emergency to strip us of our rights.

Martial law awaits us!